[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] initscripts-2011.04.1-2

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Apr 28 21:52:15 EDT 2011

Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:38:51 +0800
schrieb Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk at gmail.com>:

> Conversely, perhaps we can assume that Windows users who are able to
> install Arch Linux (and dual-boot, no less) are able to edit a
> registry key =).
>
> I have two dual-boot systems, I use UTC on one and localtime on the
> other, based on what was convenient at the time. If there's bugs with
> localtime switching to UTC isn't hard, and is probably easier than
> fixing bugs for an easily-worked-around issue.

Are those bugs Arch related or do they affect other distros, too?

If they are just Arch related then I would not object. But if they
affect other distros, too, then I disagree, because there are several
distros which can easily be installed, also as dual-boot systems, by
beginners who aren't very familiar with the Windows registry.

Heiko