[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] initscripts-2011.04.1-2

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Fri Apr 29 06:46:07 EDT 2011

Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:02:22 +0200
schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>:

> Every recent operating system I know can handle UTC, even Windows
> Vista (bugs before SP1, works with SP1 or later) and Windows 7, and
> Windows XP is so old, it shouldn't be used anyway.

But there's a problem with Windows. Updating Windows is not as easy for
everybody as Linux is. There's a substantial buying resistance. So most
Windows users stay with their Windows version they once bought their
whole life, at least for the whole lifetime of their computer.

And as far as I know Windows XP shall be much better than Windows Vista.

Heiko