[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] initscripts-2011.04.1-2

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Fri Apr 29 16:09:42 EDT 2011

Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:18:16 -0300
schrieb Ángel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.org>:

> Ok are you freaking joking on me? Why we have to worry about other OS?
> if they do the wrong things, then report it to them, we don't have to
> eat a hundreds of bugs, just because you like a crappy os just for
> game.

If you had read what I have written, then you'd know that I personally
don't care much about that as I'm not using another OS anymore for a
long time.

But there are a lot of people who are using another OS and who need
another OS in a dual-boot system, e.g. people who first want to try out
and get to know Linux before switching completely. That was how I
switched to Linux.

And you'd know that I didn't know that Windows can be set to use UTC.
And I bet that most Windows users don't know this.

And, even if I don't like to say that, it's the question if Windows is
broken, if it doesn't support UTC officially in an easy way, or Linux if
localtime is broken, or if both are broken.

So it should not only be fixed in Windows but also in Linux. If this is
not possible for whatever reason then this is not possible, but it can
be easily explained in a short note instead of starting such a long
discussion or saying such a nonsense like: "Folks, don't forget, arch
isn't a democracy. The developers do what they want."

This hasn't anything to do with this topic and really doesn't help.

Heiko