[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] initscripts-2011.04.1-2

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Fri Apr 29 16:31:37 EDT 2011

2011/4/29 Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de>:
> Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:11:22 +0200
> schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>:
>
>> If I remember it right, the only changes were the default value and
>> comment in rc.conf.
>
> Maybe, and it's alright. But as it wasn't released, yet, I just wanted
> to note that a lot of people could get problems if localtime isn't
> supported anymore. And I wanted to note it before it is too late. ;-)
>
> Nevertheless an announcement should indeed be written in the Latest
> News and probably in the Beginner's Guide with a link to the reg file
> or a short explanation for the other OS.

Ok stop thinking in other OS we can't assume or try to guess all the
posible cases from how you installed Arch.

Why we have to put this silly info for users of XX OS when they aren't
aware of the existence of other OS and don't care if they make stuff
uncompatible?.

This is silly, and as a user, not developer, talking by myself not for
the distro, I particularly think, that we should avoid to stop
development because uncompatibilities with XX OS, our goal is Arch,
not the rest of the OS.

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net