[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] initscripts-2011.04.1-2

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Fri Apr 29 16:38:58 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:
> [...] if localtime isn't
> supported anymore.

Sorry to be repeating myself: we are not considering dropping support
for localtime.

We are just pointing out that it is a bad idea to use it (it has
always been a bad idea, nothing has changed, we are just pointing it
out, as it is not obvious).

> Nevertheless an announcement should indeed be written in the Latest
> News

It will be (my first email contained a draft of that).

> and probably in the Beginner's Guide with a link to the reg file
> or a short explanation for the other OS.

Sounds like a good idea, the link I gave to the systemd page would be
a good starting point. Contributions welcome!

-t