[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Installation of libreoffice

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Wed Aug 3 08:23:57 EDT 2011

Am Wed, 03 Aug 2011 14:09:06 +0200
schrieb Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net>:

> As pacman will happily install multiple replacement packages, I would
> suggest removing the provides= line from libreoffice-common and adding
> replaces=libreoffice to the split packages that should get installed
> when upgrading.

And 'libreoffice-langpack' needs to be removed from depends of
libreoffice-common. It doesn't make much sense to have it in depends
and in optdepends anyway. I think it's better to keep it in
optdepends, maybe with a post install note that no language package
has been installed.

Because of this someone got his language pack been uninstalled and
replaced by a different one by pacman -Syu.

See the bug report I have mentioned earlier.

Heiko