[arch-general] Canon MP280 turboprint

R7h0re4 r7h0re4 at att.net
Sat Aug 6 22:11:35 EDT 2011

Madhurya Kakati <mkakati2805 at gmail.com> writes:

> Canon has terrible linux support. I have a canon LBP2900B laser
> printer and haven't been able to print using there official CAPT
> driver. Its something related to pstocapt files. CUPS is unable to
> communicate properly with the CAPT daemon which sends commands to the
> printer.

That would make sense It does work under Debian 32 so I could always
plug in my netbook if I needed something to print.  As it stands I am
using a print server which hooks to a windows gaming machine.  I might
print like once or twice a month that might be maybe two pages so I am
in fear of having the ink dry out more than not working as advertised.

I used to like Epson but the price was right on the Canon and wanting a
cheap 30-40 dollar printer to work in all environments is a little
wishful.

Anyway thanks for the information I will keep my eye on the list, as
well as openprinting and see if anything changes.

R7h0re4