[arch-general] Canon MP280 turboprint

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 22:27:18 EDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 4:11 AM, R7h0re4 <r7h0re4 at att.net> wrote:
<snip>
> That would make sense It does work under Debian 32 so I could always
> plug in my netbook if I needed something to print.  As it stands I am
> using a print server which hooks to a windows gaming machine.  I might
> print like once or twice a month that might be maybe two pages so I am
> in fear of having the ink dry out more than not working as advertised.
<snip>

umm, just to give my two cents, but what if you just added the ppd
file from the debian machine to your archlinux box? cups config isn't
that much of a hurdle for people who want to look deeper into stuff
like that.

Even sharing printers wouuld be possible, so that you could just hook
up the debian box as your intermediate printing instance, because cups
has proven pretty reliable on this kinda stuff. (I share my oki
printer to a variety of OSes in my home config)

mar77i