[arch-general] Wiki entry for GPGPU / OpenCL / CUDA

Rogutės Sparnuotos rogutes at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 9 05:41:01 EDT 2011

Vojtěch Král (2011-08-09 03:14):
> Hey everyone,...
>  From recent discussions about troubles with OpenCL as well as
> comments in AUR,
> forums, etc.. I got the impression that the whole thing is pretty
> confusing for an outsider... and for an insider too for that matter.
> So I put up a wiki entry.
>
> So far it's a wip article on my wiki profile here:
>  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Kralyk/GPGPU
>
> I'd like you to
>  + have a look at it and tell me what you think of it ;-)
>  + check if my wording is tolerable enough - English isn't my native
> language, feel free to correct
>  + See if you know anything about the (missing) Nvidia/CUDA parts
> I myself am not really acquainted with CUDA and Nvidia-flavoured OpenCL
> so I'd like to ask if someone CUDA-savvy out there would be so kind as
> to help out and fill in those gaps.
>
> Regards,
> ~kralyk

Nice work.
A few days ago I wanted to know whether xf86-video-ati supports OpenCL,
but didn't take the time to find out, and here it is :)
Anybody knows whether there are plans to have OpenCL support in
xf86-video-ati (if at all possible)?

Btw., the heading "OpenCL libraray" should be "OpenCL library".

--
--  Rogutės Sparnuotos