[arch-general] Wiki entry for GPGPU / OpenCL / CUDA

Vojtěch Král kral.vojtech at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:02:58 EDT 2011

Dne 9. srpna 2011 11:06 Thomas Jost <schnouki at schnouki.net> napsal(a):
> I added some stuff about CUDA (I'm the maintainer of the
> cuda-{toolkit,sdk} packages on the AUR) and Nvidia's OpenCL (not
> familiar with it though). There is room for improvements, but it should
> be enough for a start. HTH.

Thanks!

> Should this page also mention some {CUDA,OpenCL}-accelerated apps or
> language bindings such as PyCUDA and PyOpenCL?

Yea, I think so. Language bindings - definitely.
And as for {CUDA,OpenCL}-accelerated apps, a simple list
of links will do I think.

Anyway I set up subsections for these.

2011/8/9 Rogutės Sparnuotos <rogutes at googlemail.com>:
> Vojtěch Král (2011-08-09 03:14):
>
> A few days ago I wanted to know whether xf86-video-ati supports OpenCL,
> but didn't take the time to find out, and here it is :)
> Anybody knows whether there are plans to have OpenCL support in
> xf86-video-ati (if at all possible)?

Well I read the info at
  http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature
(scroll all the way down to the bottom of the grid)
It says "TODO" on relevant chips so I guess they'd like to
implement it... But there's a lot of work to it I think.

~kralyk