[arch-general] no Boot after last kernel update

Daniel Germer daniel at triple5.org
Wed Aug 10 01:43:40 EDT 2011

Hi, I could not boot after the last kernel update yesterday, I have no
idea what happened, my screen stopped at the bootsplash, I could not
even shutdown the machine from here. - Hard-Reset

I had to use a live-CD to fix my system

I have found that the syslinux.cfg was not automatically updated to see
the new kernel.

I moved /sda1/syslinux/syslinux.cfg to another place and
mv /sda1/syslinux/syslinux.cfg.pacnew /sda1/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

shouldn't this be done automatically?
I don't remember this happening after the last kernel update...