[arch-general] Writing my mother tongue in LibreOffice.

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Aug 10 07:56:26 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Madhurya Kakati <mkakati2805 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was quite surprised to see a language pack for LibreOffice for my
> mother tongue in the extra repo(libreoffice-as). I was wondering as to
> how to write it? Do I need to buy a special keyboard or will this
> qwerty keyboard work?

The language pack is not related to your writing, it only means that
the user interface will be translated to Assamese.

If you want to type in Assamese script, I  guess you'll just have to
configure your keyboard correctly (obviously, there will be the
problem of the keys not corresponding to the letters produced, but
that's just something to get used to ;-)). I  don't have support for
Assamese keyboard layout on my computer, but maybe Bengalese is
similar enough that you can use that?

You'll also need the correct fonts installed, if you can view
<http://as.wikipedia.org/>, correctly then you should be fine (works
here).

Good luck!

-t