[arch-general] replacement for clyde

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 09:11:40 EDT 2011

2011/8/19 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de> wrote:
>
>> I'm using yaourt and am now wondering what is wrong with it, when you
>> actually know of it, and don't want to use it ;)? Is there any flaw so
>> far?
>>

> At the time of packer first release (January 2010), yaourt was slow and had
> some awful code in it.
> yaourt also made the choice to accept arguments where it add no value (like
> yaourt -R, only delegating to pacman).
>
> I haven't tested yaourt since. I was using packer and now have switch to
> pacaur. Both are fine but I find pacaur handling in a better way dependency
> resolution on AUR packages.
>
> --
> Cédric Girard

I've used yaourt for a couple of years now.
It has always worked for me for the most part, and having a common
command for everything is very convenient for me. alias y=yaourt and
you have one of the simplest ways to do a complete update of your
system, y -Syua

I always ignored people's comments because the majority argues that it
is "either too slow", or the "code is ugly".
These same people would probably be horrified looking through vim's code :P
These points alone do not make a very convincing argument for me,
which is why I grew numb to them.