[arch-general] emacs-color-theme: please use a snapshot

XeCycle xecycle at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 10:11:34 EDT 2011

Hope I'm not disturbing~  But I don't know whether this worth a bug
report.

The package `emacs-color-theme' uses the stable release, released in
2006.  In 2007, there's a commit fixing a bug (for me, the bug causes
conflict with Gnus), but the upstream didn't release a new version since
then.  So I would suggest on using a snapshot version --- I fixed that
bug myself.

Following is more about that bug and how I fixed it:

Function `replace-in-string' is provided in XEmacs but not GNU Emacs, so
the author of color-theme defined his own.  Yes, he checks whether the
function exists.  Gnus also defined one, but the name is
`mm-replace-in-string'.  Gnus checks whether `replace-in-string' is
present, and if it does, the `mm-' is just an alias to that.

All right, Eh?  But the author of color-theme defined the function
different from XEmacs did.  So Gnus was confused, then it complained
about something like "wrong number of arguments" when using it --- for
example, when EasyPG is trying to verify a PGP/MIME signature.

I fixed that by renaming the defun in color-theme.el to
`color-theme-replace-in-string', by adding a sed line in the build()
function before the compilation.

--
Carl Lei (XeCycle)
Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University