[arch-general] btrfs & Arch

Gour-Gadadhara Dasa gour at atmarama.net
Mon Aug 29 15:49:55 EDT 2011

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:22:37 +0200
Simon Schneider <schneida.simon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Btrfs is great, don't get me wrong, it really is fast and snapshots
> and all that worked really great, but it is, sadly, a little bit too
> unstable to use it anywhere than on a test machine. Even if you have
> UPS and all kind of measurements to prevent such power failures and
> hard resets, your computer still might hang at some point and then
> you'll really are in big troubles.

Thanks a lot for sharing very valuable information. Considering that I want to
return to Linux asap, it seems it's better not to gamble and install using
ext4+lvm2+raid-1 and then, when btrfs becomes more stable, detach one disk from
ext4 raid-1 array, format as btrfs, move the OS & data to it, dismantle array
and add 2nd disk to the btrfs raid-1.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)