[arch-general] [Bulk] Re: USB Buffering Issue

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 3 11:44:33 EST 2011

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 12:03:37 +0800
pomhg wrote:

> Hi,I've got same problem here. I'm using xfce with udiskie and rox instead
> of thunar for automounting.
> With 'rox copy' or 'cp', it just immediately ended. From iotop I can see
> that 'flush' is still active.
> So my solution is writing a shell script for rox custom menu, in which I
> put 'sync && udiskie-umount "$@"'.
> I hope there is a better way to solve this.
>
> I tried the solution mentioned by Timothy Redaelli about the udev rules,
> but didn't help.

Forgot the link sorry.

"https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/udisks/+bug/880965"

I opened a bug a few weeks ago about not being able to change the
default options that udev/udisks has introduced. In my case it was
showexec to noexec.

You can track that bug here, but I'm not too hopeful of it's acceptance
due to "pushback" especially without someone finding the time and
providing diffs to make those changes. I'm surprised when migrating from
older automounters that this functionality was allowed to slip away. I
would have thought it would be part of the specification and
testing/requirements to replace.

I guess the people who care about this type of correctness are using
BSD or Arch and have less say or gentoo and can just recompile.

Kc