[arch-general] provide with version

clemens fischer ino-news at spotteswoode.dnsalias.org
Tue Dec 6 12:47:25 EST 2011

Christian Hesse wrote:

> Hmm... Did not notice the typo as well...
> I used the correct syntax automatically. Being a human can be bad and
> good. :D

Right.  But people consulting mailinglists might not know all the ins
and outs.  Therefore writing precise statements and citing without
cut&paste errors might - for somebody else unbeknownst to the writer(!)
- be the difference between "Ah!  works!  Nice!" and "Oh well, this is
like micro$oft/apple, gotta live with it afterall".

And it is about taking risks:  Do I get hurt by slipping on the bar of
soap I myself dropped earlier, or do I hurt somebody else I do not even
know or care about by driving drunk?  People will call it an accident
either way.

clemens