[arch-general] Install Arch in stages?

Karol Blazewicz karol.blazewicz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 04:33:34 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Grant McDuling
<mcduling at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi, I am new to Arch, being a Mint user until now. I have the iso on CD now and ready to install.
> Can I do this is stages or is it best to do the complete basic install in one sitting?

I suggest you set up everything and install just the base group + some
packages you really need from the get go. Reboot into a
fully-functional yet basic Arch system and use pacman to install any
other apps you need.

IIRC you have to set things up in one go - it should take a couple
minutes for setup (or more if you problems with simple stuff like your
network setup, time&date, partitioning) and another couple for
downloading and installing packages (assuming reasonable fast cpu and
Internet connection).