[arch-general] Top Posting Revisited

Rafa Griman rafagriman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 03:19:41 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 5:19 AM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> [...]

There are other reasons I've seen:
     - people that use "smart" phones have a limited screen size and
it's "easier" to top post.
     - from a behavioural point of view, people follow these steps:
          1.- read the whole mail
          2.- hit the reply button
          3.- reply the e-mail (top posting, ofcourse ;)
          4.- don't give a heck if it answers everything, if they
forgot something, if they misunderstood something, ...
     - not knowing that top posting is not "correct" or "accepted"
     - people know, but don't care

   Rafa