[arch-general] [Bulk] Re: Top Posting Revisited

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 06:20:26 EST 2011

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:06:50 +0530
Piyush P Kurur wrote:

> I am in support for this action. Besides this adds an additional
> "feature" to the mailing list. Once one is tired of a mailing list,
> instead of unsubscribing via normal ways just sent a top posted reply
> to the next email from the list :-)
>
> (Granted using this feature can be a disaster in certain mailing lists
> --- for some unexplained reason OpenBSD lists comes in my mind first)

That's rediculous everyone should be free to post and free to choose
what they send to a killfile. You could add a per user related killfile
mechanism to the mailing list. That way the sender doesn't know he gets
limited response for a reason and won't just use a different email, but
I feel less strongly and think it's not worth the effort?