[arch-general] Top Posting Revisited

G. Schlisio g.schlisio at gmx.de
Fri Dec 16 08:51:43 EST 2011

Am 16.12.2011 11:20, schrieb Allan McRae:
> On 16/12/11 12:17, gt wrote:
>> I have seen a similar thread last year, and every other day, someone
>> points out to someone that top posting is bad.
>>
>> I was off the list for a while, and now when i came back, the story is
>> still the same.
> And your email has changed the world and we will not see a repeat of
> this in the future.  Hooray!
>

> My favourite option is to have someone with admin access to the list
> (e.g. me...) just unsubscribe anyone who top posts.
>
> Allan

really not helping anyone. i personally prefer top posting, but there
are some points raised for bottom posting i never thought about before.
for me, top posting seemed to save scrolling time, and everything
included after the reply i regarded as a reference for remembering
discussion on the topic.
so if i dont know about 'bottom positng policy' onthis mailinglist, i'll
be kicked right out?
man, i cant think of something more stupid…

--
Am 25. Mai ist Welthandtuchtag. www.towel-day.com.

user at home:~ $ :(){:|:&};:
www.dukun.de.