[arch-general] Wireless-N 300 [Broadcom BCM43231] - FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper

C Anthony Risinger anthony at xtfx.me
Sun Dec 18 23:34:52 EST 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 2:05 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:

>  I think the biggest issue right now is why ndiswrapper isn't working properly.

this isn't a direct solution, but as i spent a great deal of time
recently-ish finding good (USB) wifi chips to use as APs and as a
client stations, it may be useful.  if your still having issues, or
just want to ditch the trouble, i've used about 7-9 Atheros chips
recently and all have been rock solid.  i'm using this one as we
"speak" (AP):

(TP-LINK TL-WN822N High Gain [300Mbps])
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704053

... and this one (client):

(TP-LINK TL-WN722N High Gain [150Mbps])
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704045

... each purchased at ~$12USD (on sale).  i bought the 822 to replace
the 722, but both are good quality, and both are capable of
AP/client/etc (ath9k_htc module) ... depending on how valuable your
time is, could be worth the price ... definitely was for me :-)

http://www.wikidevi.com/wiki/TP-LINK_TL-WN822N_v2
https://plus.google.com/photos/108503563222361035446/albums/5682381661343225009/5682129773951137874
^^^^^^ what i did with mine (pic shows 722, but 822 in use now :-)

--

C Anthony