[arch-general] Wireless-N 300 [Broadcom BCM43231] - FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Dec 18 15:05:15 EST 2011

On 12/16/2011 10:40 PM, Alex Liu wrote:
> First, have you tried the generic broadcom-wl driver instead of
> ndiswrapper?
<snip>

> Tell me if anything of this works for you.

Alex,

  Thanks, will do. The current xp drivers work fantastic, so I will try the
ndiswrapper avenue first. If I can get that going, then I think wpa_supplicant
should work fine for wpa authentication. Worse case, I have another wireless
router I could use as a repeater for the existing wireless and simply provide a
wired connection to the dell box from that:

--[net]-->|existing| >))  ((> |new     |-- wired conn to dell   -->
          |wireless|          |wireless|-- wired conn to TV     -->
          |router  |          |repeater|-- wired conn to bluray -->

  I think the biggest issue right now is why ndiswrapper isn't working properly.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.