[arch-general] Unable to upgrade community/rekonq (PGP signature issue)

Keshav P R the.ridikulus.rat at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 10:06:02 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 20:25, Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> wrote:

> [2011-12-20 20:19:13 +0530] Keshav P R:
> > There seems to be many new User IDs and Signatures. Should I do
> "pacman-key
> > --refresh-keys" periodically?
>
> Actually, `--refresh-keys` will only update signatures; to get the new
> keys you must either import them from pacman as you install packages
> signed by previously unseen keys, or use an ugly script like that to get
> all new keys at once:
>
> curl https://www.archlinux.org/{developers,trustedusers}/ |
> awk -F\" '(/pgp.mit.edu/) {sub(/.*search=0x/,"");print $1}' |
> xargs sudo pacman-key --recv-keys
>
> --
> Gaetan

Now that I have refreshed the list of keys. How should I import them all?
Should I do

 # pacman-key --updatedb

or whenever I install a package which is signed with one of the new keys,
will pacman import the key automatically? Sorry I am not used to this
package signing of PGP thingy? Anyway thanks for you help (and for the
"ugly" script). I have updated rekonq and now downloading Qt 4.8 and all
other packages.

Regards.

Keshav