[arch-general] Unable to upgrade community/rekonq (PGP signature issue)

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Tue Dec 20 10:57:02 EST 2011

On Wednesday 21 Dec 2011 01:36:35 Gaetan Bisson wrote:
> [2011-12-20 19:38:19 +0530] Keshav P R:
> > error: rekonq: key "22AD5874F39D989F" is unknown
> > error: key "22AD5874F39D989F" could not be looked up remotely

I opened a bug about this a couple of days ago: FS#27612.

> This seems to be Peter Lewis signing with (one of his many) subkeys...

You're right, it seems to be to do with the use of a subkey.

> (Not sure why he does that.)

Heh heh. This basically explains the reason quite well:

http://wiki.debian.org/subkeys

I have my master key stored offline, and I hope it will last forever without
being compromised and I won't have to go around getting my key signed again.
Also, the subkeys are only stored on a smart-card and, so I'm told, can't be
taken off it. (I know, call me paranoid...)

> Do `gpg --recv-key E19DAA50` (primary ID) to get his key.

Did this:

% pacman-key -r 22AD5874F39D989F

not work for you? I was discussing this problem with Seblu earlier and we
could both just do this, only it wouldn't be imported automatically by pacman.

Pete.