[arch-general] Is there a clean solution to get completely rid of Pulseaudio?

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 23 05:35:49 EST 2011

Wow :D

I first just asked for a solution similar to Debian dummy packages and
get tons [1] of insults.

Then I explained why I (and I know a lot of other people) will install
e.g. GNOME. I'll do it again. We might wish to use this DE or simply GDM
as login manager. I don't blame Arch Linux packages, I just blame
answers like "don't use gnome".

No netiquette?

I was silent since days, stopped putting in my 2 cents all the time and
now I asked for help and get those answers?! That's strange and creepy.

Anyway, if somebody should know a solution how to use GNOME without PA,
any hints are welcome.

Cheers!

Ralf

[1] OT, but too funny, since I got all mails two times, even more than
1k of old mails Evolution already had downloaded from the server.