[arch-general] Is there a clean solution to get completely rid of Pulseaudio?

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 23 12:22:25 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-23 at 14:05 +0000, Paul Gideon Dann wrote:
> On Friday 23 Dec 2011 14:34:21 Ralf Madorf wrote:
> > ... OT: OTOH I don't really understand how it works or why it seemingly
> > won't solve some PA issues when it's running.
>
> I think you need to use it to invoke other programs:
>
> #  startx
>
> or maybe inside .xinirc:
>
> exec pasuspender startxfce4
>
> Paul

Yes, but what would happen if you start another soundserver?
Or if somebody not using jackd, but audacity + skype on an elCheapo
integrated sound device simply would run
pasuspender audacity

I already ask somebody to test it.
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-devel/2011-December/003773.html

- Ralf