[arch-general] Is there a clean solution to get completely rid of Pulseaudio?

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 14:23:20 EST 2011

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:34:21 +0100
Ralf Madorf wrote:

> Ok, so it's usually not running ...

I've used chmod 000 in the past when I couldn't find where something
was initialising but updates will reset the permissions and using
immutability might make pacman error and die.

Is there a way to tell pacman to hold a package like pulseaudio back, I
guessed and failed to hold the linux kernel back (I use LTS-grsec) in
pacman.conf and haven't got around to looking into it yet.