[arch-general] Is there a clean solution to get completely rid of Pulseaudio?

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Dec 24 02:26:42 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-23 at 22:28 -0500, Brendan Long wrote:
> If you don't like what GNOME is doing, don't use it. :p

Please read my mails more carefully. I do like what many GNOME apps are
doing. I already switched to Xfce, but from time to time I'll test
GNOME3 and even if there might be no need for GDM, I like to use some
GNOME apps with Xfce. At the moment e.g. I'm using leafpad, but for some
reasons I might switch to gedit. Of cause, I won't use nautilus for
Xfce. But a login manager and two parallel installed DEs shouldn't break
the other DE. I don't care who is to blame, GNOME or package builders,
but it should be possible to install Xfce and GNOME without breaking
Xfce for DAW usage, but PA does break DAW usage, just because something
(PA) gets installed that isn't needed, it's even not needed for GNOME
itself, just for some consumer audio usage it might be an advantage for
a special consumer group.

- Ralf