[arch-general] vbox PUEL: copy/pate Arch host - Arch guest not working: VBoxclient-all started

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Feb 5 23:27:00 EST 2011

Guys,

	I have setup Arch in virtualbox to provide a clean environment for the trinity
build. Xorg+fluxbox for the environment. One problem I'm having is copy/paste
between the host and guest does not work. I have the LinuxAdditions installed
and shared folders (mounted uid,gid), X, flux, and copy/paste within the guest
works fine, but I can't get it to copy/paste from host-to-guest or
guest-to-host. xorg.conf is:

22:18 alchemy:~> cat cnf/vbox/linux-guest/xorg.conf
# VirtualBox generated configuration file
# based on /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "vboxmouse"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/vboxguest"
         Option      "CorePointer" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
   Identifier   "Monitor[0]"
   ModelName    "VirtualBox Virtual Output"
   VendorName   "Oracle Corporation"
EndSection

Section "Device"
   BoardName    "VirtualBox Graphics"
   Driver       "vboxvideo"
   Identifier   "Device[0]"
   VendorName   "Oracle Corporation"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
   SubSection "Display"
     Depth      24
     Modes     "1280x800"
   EndSubSection
   Device       "Device[0]"
   Identifier   "Screen[0]"
   Monitor      "Monitor[0]"
EndSection

~/.xinitrc is:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/VBoxClient-all &
startfluxbox

	No display manager installed. I've been through
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VirtualBox and updated a few areas, but I
still couldn't find the trick for making host/guest copy/paste work. Anybody
know a way to get this working.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.