[arch-general] vbox PUEL: copy/pate Arch host - Arch guest not working: VBoxclient-all started

Cédric Girard girard.cedric at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 02:38:23 EST 2011

Le 6 févr. 2011 05:27, "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> a
écrit :

> Guys,
>
>        I have setup Arch in virtualbox to provide a clean environment for
the trinity build. Xorg+fluxbox for the environment. One problem I'm having
is copy/paste between the host and guest does not work. I have the
LinuxAdditions installed and shared folders (mounted uid,gid), X, flux, and
copy/paste within the guest works fine, but I can't get it to copy/paste
from host-to-guest or guest-to-host. xorg.conf is:

> 22:18 alchemy:~> cat cnf/vbox/linux-guest/xorg.conf
> # VirtualBox generated configuration file
> # based on /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>        Identifier  "Mouse0"
>        Driver      "vboxmouse"
>        Option      "Device" "/dev/vboxguest"
>        Option      "CorePointer" "yes"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>  Identifier   "Monitor[0]"
>  ModelName    "VirtualBox Virtual Output"
>  VendorName   "Oracle Corporation"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>  BoardName    "VirtualBox Graphics"
>  Driver       "vboxvideo"
>  Identifier   "Device[0]"
>  VendorName   "Oracle Corporation"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>  SubSection "Display"
>    Depth      24
>    Modes     "1280x800"
>  EndSubSection
>  Device       "Device[0]"
>  Identifier   "Screen[0]"
>  Monitor      "Monitor[0]"
> EndSection
>
> ~/.xinitrc is:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> /usr/bin/VBoxClient-all &
> startfluxbox
>
>        No display manager installed. I've been through
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VirtualBox and updated a few areas, but
I still couldn't find the trick for making host/guest copy/paste work.
Anybody know a way to get this working.

> --
> David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Can't you just ssh into your guest ? Alternatively, I get better results
using rdesktop and it's clipboard settings while using a Windows guest
instead of using the integrated display.

Regards,
--
Cédric Girard