[arch-general] vbox PUEL: copy/pate Arch host - Arch guest not working: VBoxclient-all started

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Feb 6 03:17:13 EST 2011

On 02/06/2011 01:38 AM, Cédric Girard wrote:
> Can't you just ssh into your guest ? Alternatively, I get better results
> using rdesktop and it's clipboard settings while using a Windows guest
> instead of using the integrated display.

Well,

	I have access to a shared folder between the host-guest, so I can do the
editing on the host and then just copy the filed to where they need to be on the
guest. For error messages, I can do that in reverse, writing them to a file on
the shared folder and then opening the file in the host and copy/pasting into
emails, etc.. But after doing that a number of times, the copy/paste function
started looking a whole lot better. I know it works on my windows guest, so I
was curious why it was working from a linux-host to linux-guest?

I'll keep picking around. Thanks. If there are other comments, please let me know.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.