[arch-general] Howto properly set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/trinity/lib from PKGBUILD (postbuild)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:10:16 EST 2011

Guys,

	After building trinity-kdelibs, I need to create an entry and set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/trinity/lib. I manually created:
'/etc/ld.so.conf.d/trinity.conf' containing "/opt/trinity/lib" and then ran
ldconfig. That worked.

	What I need to know is how to properly do this from the kdelibs PKBUILD. I can
do it by creating the file in $pkgdir, but is there a standard way to do it?
Also, what about calling ldconfig after install? Is there a standard
(post-install) snippet to add?

	Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.