[arch-general] Howto properly set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/trinity/lib from PKGBUILD (postbuild)

Matthew Gyurgyik pyther at pyther.net
Mon Feb 7 19:20:51 EST 2011

On 02/07/2011 07:10 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys,
>
>     After building trinity-kdelibs, I need to create an entry and set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/trinity/lib. I manually created:
> '/etc/ld.so.conf.d/trinity.conf' containing "/opt/trinity/lib" and
> then ran ldconfig. That worked.
>
>     What I need to know is how to properly do this from the kdelibs
> PKBUILD. I can do it by creating the file in $pkgdir, but is there a
> standard way to do it? Also, what about calling ldconfig after
> install? Is there a standard (post-install) snippet to add?
>
>     Thanks.

Well David lets see this might be a good start:

tux:~ $ ls /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
fakeroot.conf  lib32-glibc.conf  *qt3.conf*  *xulrunner.conf*

tux:~ $ cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/qt3.conf
/opt/qt/lib

tux:~ $ pacman -Qo /etc/ld.so.conf.d/qt3.conf
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/qt3.conf is owned by qt3 3.3.8-18

http://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/qt3/trunk/PKGBUILD
Look at lines 116 & 117

http://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/xulrunner/trunk/PKGBUILD
Look at lines 67 & 68

A little bit of self help could go a long way...

pyther