[arch-general] util-linux 2.19 release

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Sun Feb 13 20:42:30 EST 2011

Attached is a changelog and a PKGBUILD for the recently released
util-linux 2.19. Changes I've made to the PKGBUILD:

- name change: the project is once again called util-linux. I've updated
  the conflicts accordingly, and removed the ancient reference to
  linux32. I think its worth keeping the versioned conflict with
  e2fsprogs.
- remove install scriptlet: this info file is no longer provided
- use autogen.sh script instead of manually invoking autotools
- remove --enable-rdev flag. this has been non-existant since 2.17
- no need to rm stuff in package() -- these files are no longer part of
  util-linux

Other thoughts: If we build this with --enable-libmount-mount, we can do
away with /etc/mtab and make it a symlink to /proc/self/mounts. It is,
however, marked as experimental in the release notes.

I've been running the -git version of util-linux for about a month now,
and have had no problems with low level functionality e.g. booting or
mounting.

thanks,
dave