[arch-general] Any place I can host the Trinity binary packages for testing?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Feb 16 23:08:42 EST 2011

On 02/16/2011 09:07 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> there is no reason you couldn't just
> install the binaries alongside kde4 or kdemod3 for that matter. They install
> trinity in '/opt/trinity'.

Correction...

   Stick to a clean environment for now. I just installed Trinity on a box with
both kdemod3 and kde4 present and started Trinity. It started, the kdemod3
splash appeared, then Akonadi/nepomuk started trying to index everything, the
kde4 plasma panel loaded and the window decorations disappeared. I suspect it
was pulling the decorations from kdemod3 not finding what it wanted. The akonadi
mess and plasma-panel were from /usr/share/autostart. I'll have to try it on a
box with just kde4. Sure runs good in a clean environment though :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.