[arch-general] Any place I can host the Trinity binary packages for testing?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Feb 16 23:24:39 EST 2011

On 02/16/2011 10:08 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> On 02/16/2011 09:07 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
>> there is no reason you couldn't just
>> install the binaries alongside kde4 or kdemod3 for that matter. They install
>> trinity in '/opt/trinity'.
>>

> Correction...
>
>    Stick to a clean environment for now. I just installed Trinity on a box with
> both kdemod3 and kde4 present and started Trinity. It started, the kdemod3
> splash appeared, then Akonadi/nepomuk started trying to index everything, the
> kde4 plasma panel loaded and the window decorations disappeared. I suspect it
> was pulling the decorations from kdemod3 not finding what it wanted. The akonadi
> mess and plasma-panel were from /usr/share/autostart. I'll have to try it on a
> box with just kde4. Sure runs good in a clean environment though :)

Darn, I had moved ~/.kde and ~/.kde4 to ~/.kde-sav and ~/.kde4-sav, but forgot
to delete the kbuildsycoca from /var/tmp. I'll retest that issue because I think
the previous cache from kdemod3 probably drove Trinity nuts due to the crystal
window decor not being present in Trinity - yet.

The real challenge is telling Trinity to ignore the kde4 autostart files in
/usr/share/autostart. I don't know if there is anything I can do from a
packaging standpoint to fix that, but I posted the issue to Trinity to see if
the code can be fixed to ignore the kde4 autostart files within Trinity going
forward.

If there is anyway to do this from a pkgbuild or startup script standpoint on
Arch, I would welcome the ideas.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.