[arch-general] [trinity-devel] x86_64 kdesktop.kcrash [SOLVED - it is glibc]

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:38:35 EST 2011

On 02/22/2011 06:41 PM, Allan McRae wrote:
> That prelink patch is very, very unlikely to cause the issue.  It was also the
> only change between 2.13-3 and 2.13-4...  As I pointed out, there are other
> distros using that patch without reported issue and it is now in glibc mainline
> so nothing is obviously wrong with it.  Also, I have had no other crash reports
> since this update...
>

> I just looked back through this thread and your backtraces are all over the
> place.  First it was an issue with libxcb, and then on a different VM it is
> somewhere completely different.    What is difference across your VMs that you
> get consistent crashes in one but not the other?
>
> Allan

The basic x86_64 Arch VMs are the SAME VM, just moved from one box to the other
(one on my laptop copied from my backup server where it was originally
installed). The packages are identical on the VMs except on the first I had
rebuilt libxcb and glibc with options(!strip) and CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -g".

I will rebuild Trinity and update both VMs and then give updated .kcrashes for
each. If 2.13-3 works fine and 2.13-4 causes the crash, it just points to some
unintended consequence in the update. I'll rebuild, update both and report back.
But if Baho is also seeing something -- the plot thickens.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.