[arch-general] How to get colorized output during prog compilation? ( Colorgcc doesn't color gcc output )

Francesco Nwokeka francesco.nwokeka at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 11:34:13 EST 2011

Hi all. Like posted in this topic( https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=110301 ), my problem
doesn't seem to be solved.
Color gcc is not called by gcc and thus not colorizing the output of gcc.
The funny thing is that if i call "colorgcc" directly when compiling some code, I get colorized
output.
It may sound stupid but this script helped quite a lot to point out warnings and to see immediatly
where I went wrong. It's really a big help.

Hasn't anyone else had this problem?
Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?

gcc: gcc (GCC) 4.5.2
colorgcc: colorgcc 1.3.2-6

Thanks in advance,
				Francesco