[arch-general] liboost_python undefined symbols

Ty John ty-ml at eye-of-odin.com
Sun Jan 2 19:30:56 EST 2011

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 10:53:32 +0200
Ionuț Bîru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 01/02/2011 08:12 AM, Ty John wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone.
> >
> > I posted this problem on the forums but it seems the regular forum
> > users don't know what the problem is so I'm asking here.
> >
> > I'm trying to compile vegastrike-svn and it fails complaining about
> > undefined symbols in /usr/lib/libboost_python.so
> > See ldd results below.
> > Is this a problem with my system or is it a problem the boost-libs
> > package?
> >

> vegastrike-svn PKGBUILD is broken. the sources contains 3 boost
> versions:
>
> ls /src/vegastrike/boost
> 1_28  1_35  1_45  integrating.txt
>
> Is using 1.35 by default and for some reason it tries to link system
> boost at the final.
>
> To fix this you have to pass at configure:
>
> --with-boost=VERSION  Currently supported versions are 1.28,1.35, and
>                            system
>
> --with-boost=system and att boost-libs to dependency and boost to
> makedepends
>
> Have fun

Thanks but I already knew that. I had compiled it a couple of months
ago which was also considered broken then too. I already tried
compiling it with --with-boost=system and got the said issue.
Regardless of the vegastrike-svn PKGBUILD, libboost_python.so still has
missing symbols.
Does the boost-libs package need fixing?