[arch-general] (now 4.5.5-1) Re: kde-4.5.4 loads kde3 kicker and background (even with ~/.kde & ~/.kde4 removed)

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 18:27:51 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 17:01 -0600, David C. Rankin wrote:

>   Ultimately though, there is still the question of "why on Arch?" to be
> answered. When I find the culprit, I'll pass it on so we can revisit whether
> there is something in how k4 is packaged for Arch needs tweaking.

Yes, why don't we tweak upstream so that an unsupported older version
can run alongside.

Nothing against kde3, but if you want to use older versions, you're
responsible to solve the incompatibilities (which you're trying to do)
and perhaps maintain your own patches for whatever is needed. I do not
see a need to change Arch's 'official' packaging for this.