[arch-general] When will Arch switch to Upstart

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Wed Jan 19 13:53:44 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Yaro Kasear <yaro at marupa.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 19, 2011 04:29:02 am Laurent Carlier wrote:
>> Le mercredi 19 janvier 2011 11:16:41, Jelle van der Waa a écrit :
>> > On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 14:50 +0700, Madhur Ahuja wrote:
>> >
>> > If you want the devs to get interested in a new feature, atleast provide
>> > them with something to test and with arguments, cause you gave none...
>>
>> And "ubuntu use it" is not enough as an argument :-)
>
> In my opinion: "Ubuntu uses it" is a very strong reason NOT to use Upstart.

you are trolling? comments related to Ubuntu or their competence are
wholly unrelated and highly irrelevant.

i would guess that many of Arch's users began with Ubuntu, and then
decided they were too l33t and wanted to try something more bare metal
(probably to learn/grow); myself included.

please try to restrict information output to quality discussion of
sysvinit, upstart, systemd, or other init solutions and their merits.

C Anthony