[arch-general] When will Arch switch to Upstart

Madhur Ahuja ahuja.madhur at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 02:07:14 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Madhur Ahuja <ahuja.madhur at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ubuntu and Fedora has already embraced it.
>
> Any ideas when will Arch switch to upstart based booting system ?
>
> http://upstart.ubuntu.com/
>
> Thanks,
> Madhur

Ok, Some people have suggested that I am trolling just because I have
not replied in *12* hours to any ideas.

Guys, this is not the case. I am quite new to Open source and
community driven projects and by the replies I am getting the fair
idea that its the initiative which somebody like me will have to take
or arch will not switch to Upstart because of its philosophy.

I get that and will keep in mind in my further discussions on this
mailing lists.

Thanks,
Madhur