[arch-general] When will Arch switch to Systemd

Yaro Kasear yaro at marupa.net
Thu Jan 20 19:44:01 EST 2011

On Thursday, January 20, 2011 06:38:08 pm Sander Jansen wrote:
> 2011/1/20 Yaro Kasear <yaro at marupa.net>:
> >>
> >> I can see you already responded again to this thread, but my immediate
> >> reaction to this mail was o.0!
> >
> > Lennart is the same person behind Pulse Audio, a known problematic sound
> > daemon. What worries me is that systemd is much closer to the system,
> > which might be potential for general all-around system breakage if
> > systemd gets as bad as PA.
> >
> > NOTE: I don't want to start a flame war here about PA or anything. I'm
> > just concerned.
>
> Yet you're pretty good at starting one. Do you have anything else to
> contribute except for it cannot possible be any good because this
> person wrote it.

I wrote my first post, the one Ng replied to, when I was in a bad mood. I was
explaining myself this time.

Maybe I would like to see systemd in action. My concerns are that this one
person has a track record (With PA and Avahi) of making subpar daemons that
fix non-existant problems in Linux.

One person I am discussing this with has explained it makes dynamic device
allocation easier somehow, though I'm not certain how that works when udev is
the system behind this, not init.

Perhaps instead of falsely dismissing me as a flamebaiting troll you could
explain it yourself, as right now I'm not 100% convinced about systemd.