[arch-general] When will Arch switch to Systemd

Brendan Long korin43 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 21:53:50 EST 2011

On 01/20/2011 05:44 PM, Yaro Kasear wrote:
> Maybe I would like to see systemd in action. My concerns are that this one
> person has a track record (With PA and Avahi) of making subpar daemons that
> fix non-existant problems in Linux.
Yeah PulseAudio sucks so bad that just about everyone uses it now. Do
you really think that the people behind nearly every major distro are
stupid enough to use it as the default if it didn't do anything?

A lot of PA's issues came from using parts of drivers that weren't being
used before, and speed differences between PA, ALSA, and OSS are
completely unimportant on any modern computer.

And yeah, you might not need it, but that doesn't mean it's useless and
sucks.