[arch-general] Robson Peixoto invited you to Dropbox

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Jan 24 05:22:43 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:19, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:12:06 +0000
> Peter Lewis <plewis at aur.archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> It seems to be that
>> either someone uploads their entire addressbook to a random website
>> (doesn't seem like a clever idea) or else gives the website their
>> email password (very bad idea).
>
> It's probably the easiest way to invite your (legit) email contacts.
> The real question is: do dropbox/facebook/linkedin/.. not provide a
> confirmation page with checkboxes per contact or something, before
> actually sending the mail?

No, I think that would be completely unworkable from a UI perspective
given the size of most peoples' address books.  Instead they just spam
everyone, assuming that people will have the intelligence to ignore
the emails where they don't make sense. ;-)

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org