[arch-general] When will Arch switch to Systemd

Brendan Long korin43 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 02:13:56 EST 2011

On 01/21/2011 03:28 AM, Heiko Baums wrote:
> It does not work for ice1712 based audio cards while ALSA works
> perfectly with those cards.
>
> Heiko
So the ALSA drivers don't do what they're supposed to and that PA's
problem? If it doesn't work on your card, don't use it. It's why I don't
use OSS on my laptop. And remember, what I was replying to was:

> > Lennart is the same person behind Pulse Audio, a known problematic sound
> > daemon.

If your ALSA drivers are broken and don't support the feature PA uses,
then don't use it. It doesn't make it bad software.