[arch-general] [RFT] initscripts 2011.01-1

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Jan 27 08:23:25 EST 2011

Am Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:50:31 +0100
schrieb Jan Spakula <bender02 at archlinux.us>:

> Another slight annoyance comes from the lines (from rc.sysinit)
>
>         # isLuks only gives an exit code but no output to
>         # stdout or stderr.
>         if $CS isLuks "$2"; then
>                 open=luksOpen
>                 a="$2"
>                 b="$1"
>         fi
>
> It's not true that there's no output; I get the message
> "Device /dev/vg/swap is not a valid LUKS device."
> every time I boot :)

But this is the output on the console. For those if clauses you need a
boolean (true or false resp. 0 or 1) and this is not given by
cryptsetup isLuks. This value is only given as an exit code. So this
part of the script is absolutely correct and the only way to handle
this.

> Do you want me to file a bug?

Not necessary, it's not a bug. You probably can file a feature request
to cryptsetup upstream, if you don't like the exit code method.

Heiko