[arch-general] PKGBUILD - howto handle 'src' when svn source is already in PKGBUILD dir?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Jan 28 11:02:55 EST 2011

On 01/28/2011 02:57 AM, Kirill Churin wrote:
> See how this is handled e.g. in this PKGBGUILD:
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mesa-git/mesa-git/PKGBUILD

Thank you Kirill!

   So it looks like I need to backup one (or two) directories and do the
PKGBUILD higher up in the svn tree rather than on a 'per module' basis. Is
there a general rule of thumb to figure out where to put it? Take for example
the svn tree:

applications
   abakus
   adept
   amarok
   basket
   <snip>
dependencies
   arts
   tqtinterface
kdeaccessibility
kdeaddons
kdeadmin
<snip>

looking at mesa, they do the PKGBUILD at the top, build everything, then
'package' the various pieces (modules) individually. What is the thought
process for determining whether you put one PKGBUILD at the top and do it like
mesa or whether you put one PKGBUID in each major module and build from there?
Example:

applications
   PKGBUILD
dependencies
   PKGBUILD
kdeaccessibility
   PKGBUILD
<snip>

   Is it just a 'whatever makes the PKGBUILD' setup work best? Or are there
some fast and hard rules like a 'one subdirectory limit' that I need to know?

   Thanks Again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.