[arch-general] iptables not working well?

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 20:25:19 EDT 2011

Your config looks ok, but to double check, paste the output of:
iptables -L -nv
iptables -t nat -L -nv
to see the exact situation.

> OK, on machines at the internal side of my LAN, I can ping everywhere.
>  But I can not use the browser with all addresses, for example I can't
> get to www.archlinux.org through frirefox or midori, neither
> www.debian.org.
>
> Weird thing www.google.com, and some other sites can be reached
> through firefox on machines inside the LAN.

What's the error you are getting. Are you ping-ing by name or by an IP address.
Have you tried ping-ing with different packet sizes?

on your gateway machine run tcpdump on both the LAN and ppp0 interface
and see if the packets go through.

--
damjan